We recently received a memo from the offices of Governor Jay Inslee, and it addresses changes to some of the original restrictions of the Stay Home, Stay Healthy Proclamation for Real Estate and Mortgage activities. The amendment is to facilitate the thousands of real estate and mortgage transactions in Washington State and relief to homeowners in distress related to the COVID-19 event.
This will deem certain real estate activities and mortgage lending activities as essential activities under the Proclamation. Our brokers at Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty take these changes very seriously and are committed to practicing safe social distancing, proper sanitizing and following the guidelines/protocols mandated by the memo.
The guidelines include but are not limited to:
- No open houses
- Home showings of active listings are by appointment only
- Only two persons allowed in a home at a time, including the representing agent
- In-person meetings only permitted when necessary for showings and document signings
- Scheduled inspections and appraisals for pending transactions
- Buyer walk-throughs for pending transactions prior to closing
- Providing keys to buyers at closing
- Please note that photographers, videographers, and stagers are allowed only under strict guidelines; movers are considered non-essential and remain prohibited under the order
- All real estate and mortgage activities must meet social distancing, appropriate health standards and worker protection measures
Our client and community health is our top priority. We will continue to offer virtual tours, video chats, and practice safety measures. The NWMLS has provided us with additional details supporting the memo: click here.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, to schedule a virtual tour or an appointment following the guidelines listed above.